Non-linear model for SPICE

Hi All,

I need to create a resistor whose resistance varies according to an equation with the variables of the top and bottom voltage (ie. the voltage across it). I use Altium (was Protel) but I suspect the fundamental process is the same. My main concern is that it is what excel would refer to as a circular reference but I don't understand the inner workings of SPICE tools to know whether it's feasible.

Cheers, wombat

Reply to
wombat

In PSpice this is done with behavioral models, for example "GVALUE", which is a current source written as an equation relating to the end voltages.

In other Spice's I believe these are called "B" sources.

...Jim Thompson

In generic spice you use the "B Source".

e.g

b1 1 0 i=2.4*V(1,0) + 3.5*V(1,0)*V(1,0)*

This makes the current through nodes 1,0 be a function of the voltage across it, i.e. a non-linear resister.

You should make a .subckt model with all the details in it etc...read manual etc..

Kevin Aylward B.Sc. snipped-for-privacy@anasoft.co.uk

SuperSpice, a very affordable Mixed-Mode Windows Simulator with Schematic Capture, Waveform Display, FFT's and Filter Design.

"There are none more ignorant and useless,than they that seek answers on their knees, with their eyes closed"

Reply to
Kevin Aylward