Nested parens are driving me nuts

Get better at Algebra ?:-)

Read up on functions (.FUNC) and expression syntax.

...Jim Thompson

some of my SPICE ventures get to be Rube Goldberg-esque -- and the nested parenthesis are probably the reason.

how is it possible to break the equations into manageable bite-sizes so that I can de-"erroratate" my sims?

Reply to
Johnson

UltraEdit does it quite nicely. But if you need an editor to keep track I don't know that I'd trust your Algebra ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Use a text editor that keeps track of paren pairs. Ultra Edit may do this and Semware's editor does this.

--
Mark
Reply to

nested

that

Here's a vacuum model (can you tell the author is Italian?) which I am trying to shoe-horn into EWB (Multisim8) -- of course PWR and PWRS isn't supported for the VCCS , but (1+SGN(x)) can be employed. I have pulled that portion apart and it works. It's the VCVS which is causing the program to terminate. The model purportedly works in SwitcherCAD. Instead of passing the capacitor and resistor PARAMS I insert the values where appropriate.

I have gotten other vacuum tube models to work in Multisim8.

..subckt 6dj8i 1 2 3 ; placca griglia catodo

  • params: mu=28 ex=1.3 kg1=330 kp=320 kvb=300 rgi=2k
  • ccg=2.3p cgp=2.1p ccp=.7p e1 7 0 value=
+{v(1,3)/kp*log(1+exp(kp*(1/mu+v(2,3)/sqrt(kvb+v(1,3)*v(1,3)))))} re1 7 0 1g g1 1 3 value= {(pwr(v(7),ex)+pwrs(v(7),ex))/kg1} rcp 1 3 1g c1 2 3 {ccg} c2 1 2 {cgp} c3 1 3 {ccp} r1 2 5 {rgi} d3 5 3 dx ..model dx d(is=1n rs=1 cjo=10pf tt=1n) ..ends
Reply to
Johnson

Maybe break down the pieces into small functions and then see where the error reports lead you.

...Jim Thompson

so

that

passing

Yes, that was I resorted to -- I built up the model with multiple nodes until it worked, then substituted back -- in some SPICE-ware LOG returns Natural Logarithm, not in Multisim where LN must be used.

Reply to
Johnson

Zeus has a configurable find matching brace feature:

Note: Zeus is shareware (45 day trial).

The feature is located under the Edit, Find Matching Brace menu.

NOTE: If you this menu reports no braces found you will need to use the Options, Properties menu and in the Templates section define a set of matching braces strings.

Jussi Jumppanen Author: Zeus for Windows IDE

Reply to
jussij