LTSpice- browse for model

Just a thought, should be easy to add if anyone at LT can be bothered: when adding a model using .inc, it would be nice to be able to browse for the model from the edit text box... any chance, please?

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

"Paul Burke" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net...

Hello Paul,

If you have models with exactly the same pin order in one model file, you could make a "drop-down" symbol. Place this symbol on your schematic. Then do a right-mouse click on it to open a dialog window. Here you can choose any model which is in this model file. You can try this with the symbol CNSW in LTspice. Is this what are looking for?

More details can be found in the Yahoo groups Files>FAQ.

Best regards, Helmut

Reply to
Helmut Sennewald

Almost- I was thinking more of, say, the opamp2 model, where I have to add the .inc command by hand when I use (God forefend) other manufacturers' spice models, and rather than collecting all the applicable models together, allowing a free choice of the included file. Of course, I might choose a model with completely different pins (say a diode instead of an opamp), but that's my problem, and I can do it anyway with .inc.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke