inverter from batteries and resistors

Hi,

I'm an electronics newbie and for my application it would be very helpful if I could design a circuit just from DC batteries and resistors that would output a sin wave (AC). I don't know if this is possible. Is there any circuit design software where I could specify that this is what I want and have it try and create it?

Reply to
Memo

Not quite. For an AC sine wave, you need AC batteries. DC batteries can only produce a DC sine wave.

--
John
Reply to

Actually, it sounds like you're still working on basic electricity.

You're a long way off from understanding what is required. It appears you haven't even gotten thru Page 12 yet.

I suggest you get hold of a copy and start reading.

Reply to
JeffM

No, not from DC batteries and resistors.... first you have to understand what a DC battery is and what a resistor is... A DC battery outputs a steady current (Direct Current) when you connect it to a resistor, and it also produces a Voltage across the resistor you connect it to, a typical AA battery will cause 1.5 Volts across your resistor... A resistor resists current flow and causes a voltage drop, (a current to voltage converter?) and the linear equation V =3D I*R describes the relationship between voltage and resistance... if you understand this then you will see why you can not create an alternating current source from only resistors and a battery.

Reply to
panfilero