Integrating reworked spice3 into Cadence

Hi,

I have added new models of TFTs inside spice3/ngspice and want to integrate spice3 with cadence using the OSS interface.

I have briefly gone though the OSS manual and it seems that I need to customize the simcap.il file.

Has anyone done such customization and can I get an example simcap.il file from cadence (other than the one from src/ directory) ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

-Rahul

ASU Flexible Display Center (FDC) Tempe, AZ

Reply to
rahul

Hi Stuart, I certainly will, I have to do some more testing The dc and ac analysis works fine and I am currently testing the tran (NIintegrate portion is a bit fuzzy) and temp analysis section.

I am a EE so my c-programming skills are not as sharp as you or Paulo's.

The model is a RPI level-15 tft (n-channel) our process doesn't have a p-device as yet and probably will never have (the mobility of amorphous Si is orders lower than crystalline Si and we can barely meet the specs at 15V Vdd) Although I have added a patf variable with type=-1

Another problem is that I use "letter a" for atft which I think might have conflict with xspice, I had to comment out some portion to get around that.

I will send you the files once my advisor/group oks it. There is nothing proprietary.

Thanks

-Rahul

ASU Flexible Display Center (FDC) Tempe, AZ

Stuart Brors> : Hi,

Reply to
rahul

rahul wrote: : Hi,

: I have added new models of TFTs inside : spice3/ngspice and want to integrate spice3 : with cadence using the OSS interface.

That's cool! Any chance you can submit some patches with this feature enhancement to the ngspice project?

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Brorson

It is not advisable to use "a" unless it is an xspice code model. Add another level to the mosfets.

Kevin Aylward snipped-for-privacy@anasoft.co.uk

SuperSpice, a very affordable Mixed-Mode Windows Simulator with Schematic Capture, Waveform Display, FFT's and Filter Design.

Reply to
Kevin Aylward