How to Network a Parallel Port Printer?

I have boxes of parallel printer cables stacked in the storage building. Let me know if anyone needs any. Standard, and long ones, free, if you pay shipping.

Also, there are plenty of DB25 and DE9 serial cables in various lengths. The same deal, you only pay for shipping, if you can use them. When I get caught up on the 'Computers for Veterans' project, I am going to thin the cable herd, and sell the scrap copper.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

If your PC's are on a lan and all running windows(linux may support it too) you can use printer sharing. Printer only needs to be hooked up to one pc and the rest can print to it. In this case you don't even need to buy anything.

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

Oh boy! That's just great for the environment, considering that the idiots that reclaim the Copper in those cables BURN the insulation off to get at the Copper!

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

Sure schoolboy. I have worked in hardware and software for only a short time compared to most here, but i still have 20 odd years on you.

Thousands is a guess, probably even more.

Reply to
The Real Andy

You must be a true utter retard to have "gone though" "thousands of network print servers".

I have been doing it for more than 20 years, idiot.

You probably don't even know what a line printer is.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

LEts see, if I have 2000 sites, and 1 print server per site, that would be 2000 print servers (thousands)? Correct? Now considering I have more than 2000 thousand sites, and somes sites have more than 1 print server, then I guess its perfectly sane to say that I have gone through thousands of print servers.

I am sure you have..

Actaully, one of my customers still uses line printers.

They also still have a drum printer in their museum. Google it, you will find out what it is.

Reply to
The Real Andy

Nice printer!

Thanks for the recommendation!

Haven't read the "manual" yet, but I take it, for straight through printing of card stock, you have to snap out the duplex adapter and snap in the regular feed??

...Jim Thompson

Hi Jim,

It's actually "Joel Koltner" these days -- my wife and I merged our last names together when we were married a little over a month ago now.

So they say -- h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/pscmisc/vac/us/product_pdfs/1101941.pdf has a picture of it being used to feed stock straight-through, although I've never actually used it for thick stock myself.

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Congratulations! May you have a long and happy life together! My wife and I are nearing our 48th anniversary, and #8 grandchild is due momentarily ;-)

Yep. I looked over "ug.pdf" on the install CD and found it.

...Jim Thompson