.DC Spice Analysis Quirk... Anyone Know How to Do This?

I want to do a DC sweep (.DC):

-3.6V to -1V (step size = 2.6V)

-1V to +2V (step size = (100/3)mV)

+2V to +7.2V (step size = 5.2V)

(Lots of data points around the "knee" :-)

That makes a list that PSpice barfs on, claiming "list too long".

Anyone know some gimmicks to get around that limitation?

Thanks! ...Jim Thompson

This works, but a klutz...

Sim -3.6V to -1V (step size = 2.6V), export data to a .dat file

Sim -1V to +2V (step size = 40mV), export data to a .dat file

Sim +2V to 7.2V (step size = 5.2V)

Import data from first two sims to third sim.

Highlight waveform name, copy, then paste into a text file, result is a list of I/O pairs.

See...

...Jim Thompson

use two voltage sources that add to give the desired effect in series?

Jasen Betts

The problem was the need for different step sizes in different regions. Reason: Feeding data to another application that can handle only 100 total data points.

"Solved" as posted at...

Subject: Re: .DC Spice Analysis Quirk... Anyone Know How to Do This? Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 17:31:10 -0700 Message-ID: ...Jim Thompson