Altium DXP and Hex Inverter (Multipart ICs)

With another schematics design program, when one chooses something like a CD4049 timer or its equivalent the program will lay down all parts. However, Protel DXP seems to klutz when it comes to this or am I doing something wrong? Also, the subparts of the libraries for such a component in the schematics window have no corresponding voltage symbology. Maybe its better to just make a custom symbol and represent the chip with 16 pins rather than use the inverter symbols. Whats the best way to deal with this in Protel DXP? Is the Protel DXP paradigm just ...different?

--
I reserve all rights. This is not for commercial purposes.
Reply to

I haven't used XP, but in previous versions, when you placed a piece of a multi-part component, you would get part one. Later in the design process, you do "Tools/Annotate", and Protel will reset the part numbers so that all parts of the component are used. Or, you can manually set the desired part in the part detail form (hit "Tab" while placing the part, or double-click on a placed part).

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

In DXP version, on Component Properties window (double-click any component to see it), on 4th row you'll find the number of the part (and the total parts) and 4 buttons to change it. As Peter says, in PROTEL, when you draw a multi-part component, it always shows you the first part: press TAB to see components properties and to change part number before placing it on the schematic.

Regards,

Quitus.

Reply to
Quitus