A publishable chip design...

My chip design customers are almost always on the leading edge of their particular technology.

As such, publishing the design I did for them would divulge their proprietary information to competitors; and, of course, I am bound by NDA's to keep that information confidential.

But here is an eleven year old design that can now be freely published... typical of my designs in an advanced BiCMOS technology...

As you can see, I don't deal in the simple stuff >:-} ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Just a schematic isn't really a complete description of an IC design, especially when we don't have the process book and can't look up the device characteristics.

How about some discussion of what it is, what it does, and how? Start with the high points.

(That can be a start on your book. My second edition contains sections lifted almost verbatim from some of my SED posts--explaining something to somebody is the best way to set your thoughts in order about it, IME.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

Sheeesh! Do you need a process book to know what an NPN or an MOS device does ?

I thought all that was required here on S.E.D was posting a schematic without any defense, just claiming how wonderful it is ?>:-}

However, the posted schematic is a multi-channel SONAR system. Quite sophisticated, with tunable filters, voltage-variable amplifiers and all kinds of temperature compensation.

I'll write something up. It'll be awhile, getting quite busy again. I'll post the temperature compensation stuff first... easy for me... and it'll keep the plebes occupied for months.

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Gosh, Mr. Thompson, you're so wonderful--can I have your autograph, pretty please?

;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

What? You want a signed photograph ?>:-} ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Nah, that would turn all the milk sour. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

[snip]

Just musing about milk. Now that we live in the boonies, we just drove by a giant dairy, thousands of cows. And I was musing how I used to ride the milk train to visit my Grandparents' Godwin farm. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

I hope you didn't get hurt patting yourself on the back! :-) Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Somebody's got to do it.

 Click to see the full signature

A publishable chip design...

has now been patched so that it has hierarchical navigation by clicking blocks in the schematic, making it somewhat easier to follow.

I hope to also post the specifications, once I confirm that, even though it's 11 years old, I won't offend any NDA sensibilities. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

And renamed...

And placed alphabetically in the list on S.E.D/Schematics Page