Latest threads in Electronics Computer-Aided Designshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Telephone Tip/Ring Question
Two lines coming in... How much risk is it to assume that both "Tips" are essentially earth ground potential? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | | Analog Innovations, Inc. | et | |...
41
41

Really Obnoxious Sound
Wanted: Suggestions for a really obnoxious sound maker... (1) When connected to a phone line (2) My thoughts run simply to a multivibrator But I don't know what would be gruesome to hear ;-) ...Jim...
77
77

Spice Model for SAW Filter
Anyone know of a source of Spice Models for SAW Filters? With a variety of frequencies? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | | Analog Innovations, Inc. | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal...
5
5

Remote Ringer for Telephone
Anyone have a favorite circuit for a remote telephone ringer? I have access to the phone line, but no close-by source of power, so telephone line-powered or low battery drain. Commercial purchase also...
17
17

OT: Switch?
Looking for a low-voltage (9V) switch that displays a significant sized red (off) or green (on), easily seen from 20' away. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | | Analog Innovations,...
3
3

Music Servers
Does there exist an apparatus that I could connect the audio output of my FM tuner, assign an IP address, and distribute throughout my PC network? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | |...
22
22

Old Raytheon Part
Can some ID this Raytheon part and point me to a data sheet... Labeled RAX916 ^-- this character unreadable ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | | Analog Innovations, Inc. | et | |...
3
3

High Resolution Screen Capture
Is there any way to do a high resolution screen capture? All of the Windows-XP built-in Print Screen stuff is crappy compared to what I'm seeing directly (1280 x 1024). ...Jim Thompson -- | James...
20
20

OT: Home Thermostat Recommendations?
OT: Home Thermostat Recommendations? With all this global warming (:-) I find myself having to manually switch daily between heating and cooling... today's high, 78°F, tonight's low, 50°F. Is there...
25
25

Spice Model for GaN LED
Can someone please help me how to calculate those spice models values (Is, Rs, N...) for the following LED: I just need a simple model for it, or how to calculate those values....

Is this possible?
Is this is possible? I just had a client request a +1V supply (a switcher) that SINKS 200mA. I only have +5V available :-( ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | | Analog Innovations,...
7
7

IEEE Paper
Can anyone here access this IEEE paper for me... Thanks! ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | | Analog Innovations, Inc. | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus...
1
1

Small Signal Schottkies
Seems like "hold-hands week" :-( Out of the blue a customer calls, needing a small signal Schottky with CJO
3
3

Crystal Oscillator: Drive Power
An old project coming back, _trying_ to bite me... Crystal Oscillator, classic CMOS inverter configuration, End customer claiming too much drive power. Is there a standard (accurate) way of LAB...
16
16

Video Monitor "Repeater" Over Network
Is there a way to "repeat" (*) a monitor over a CAT-5 network? (*) View from another PC on the network. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson, CTO | mens | | Analog Innovations, Inc. | et | |...
22
22