WTB-LOPT (Flyback transformer) for old NEC TV

I am trying to get hold of a LOPT ( or Flyback Transformer ) for an old NEC tv. model no. ST-6350. The number on the LOPT is 4710 5349. I have temporarily replaced this with one from a similar model tv (N-6360) which is numbered 4710 5299 & the tv works fine. So it would seem that either part number ( & possibly others ) would be ok. Any help in locating one would be greatly appreciated. Have tried NEC, but they say that as the set is more than 5 years old they don't even have any info on it let alone spare parts. Also tried WES & Speedy Spares in Australia, Electronix in America, & H R Diemen , among others. So, since a new one seems unobtainable, I am hoping that someone may have a used one lying around in their spare parts box that they might as well get rid of while they can still get something for it. Or maybe someone knows of an alternative that will work.

I realise that it is an old set, but I have my reasons for wanting to get it working permanently, so I would appreciate it if any replies are confined to locating a LOPT & not "offering" an opinion as to whether or not someone thinks it is just a waste of time.

--
Posted at www.Usenet.com.au
Reply to

On Wed, 5 Mar 2008 13:30:37 +0100 (CET), snipped-for-privacy@usenet.fake (tonyb1) put finger to keyboard and composed:

The 047 105 349 is shown as "NEC LOPT - on request" from Star Components for $92. Their stock code is LTR1949.

Email sales at starcomponents dot com dot au Tel 02-9634 3849

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

On Wed, 5 Mar 2008 13:30:37 +0100 (CET), snipped-for-privacy@usenet.fake (tonyb1) put finger to keyboard and composed:

Have you tried Thomas Electronics?

Email sales at thomas dot com dot au Tel (02) 8723 6500

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Thanks for your replies. I have not tried either of the 2 companies you mentioned. I had heard of Star Components but not Thomas Electronics. I will give them both a try, thankyou.

--
Posted at www.Usenet.com.au
Reply to