TV advice: Princess 68ct8

TV displays a good picture but does not fill the screen horizontally, and is stretched past screen edges vertically. The left and right edges are a bit wavy, but the picture itself is fine (although people are a bit tall and skinny). I presume that the relevant adjustments could be made via the service menu - can anyone help with the codes? On the other hand, I could just take it to a service agent (they charge $44 for a quote and subtract this fee from the repair cost - which sounds reasonable if the tv is easily repaired - alternative is the hard waste collection in 2 weeks).

Trouble is, this is the kids TV and the remote is ?????

As the TV plays DVDs 99% of the time that has not been a worry, but I'll bet the remote is needed to get into service mode.

Apart from the adjustments that can be done using the service mode, is it possilble to make adjustments as per a normal old tv by pulling the back off? I know about the warnings of screwing around inside a TV - this question can be answered "theoretically".

Any advice would be welcomed. TIA

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Reid

is

easily

bet

Unless someone has already screwed with the various trimpots, adjustment probably isn't your problem. More likely, something is failing. I didn't know that "Princess" still existed. How old is it?

... Johnny

Reply to
Johnny Boy

It's a Princess. Not that old. Still represented on the Palsonic web site. The set belongs to a relo. I had a look inside, but there was nothing that I could poke about with that had any good affect. Anyway, it's all back together, and I'll see about taking it out to the service agent soon.

WR

Reply to
Wayne Reid

I am not sure f you got my original e-mail.

This is a common fault. Need new EEPROM. Then do adjustments in service mode (no pots). Also, solder additional ground wire between CRT ground and tuner ground.

If goes bad again in a week or so -- micro is at fault. Not available yet. Promised in about 6 month. Palsonic will repair/swap the chassis and price is reasonable.

Apart from this annoying little problem, TV is quite good. Did not have anything else faulty in those yet.

Rudolf

Reply to
Rudolf