Trade tech dumps the "stamp" product

I just went to get latest newsletter from

and saw that they are getting rid of the stamp range of products and in their words at

" BASIC STAMP SALE We have decided that this range of product is no longer suited to our Business. We are therefore quitting out stock at amazing low prices, most way below cost.

Be in quick, stocks will not last.

Product is subject to availability at the time of order. No rainchecks or back orders accepted. We reserve the right to discontine product without notice."

I must say, for what the stamp did, I thought the pricing was out of this world, Trade Tech must of been the agents for a number of years, I never saw them once trying to push the sales, like giving a "workshop application" in there newsletters for them for saying "fixing a 'dog' of TV or VCR with a intermittent fault" OK I realize that maybe if WES Components sell them to, maybe they don't "push the sales" either or is it that the "stamp" is just a over priced heap of junk for those stuck in the "basic language time wrap" and don't want to move on. However I did know that Trade Tech did tour the country and ran a either half day or full day course for using the stamp for a small price a couple of years back.

Reply to
Eric

Hello

Check out

It looks like this is where Trade-Tech was getting them from.

When you compare Stamp prices with what the hardware is worth it does seem expensive,.but there has been a lot of work put into software, support and probably documentation.

I find that most people interrested in small microcontrollers are looking for low cost. I haven't used the Basic Stamp but I do suggest it if anyone wants relatively simple and easy to use.

Regards Paul

Reply to
PMB

It seems like the PIC-AXE has pulled the rug out from under the BASIC Stamp for the entry level hobbyist market. Makes the BASIC Stamp look ridiculously over-priced and over-complicated.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones