Teac in motel mode?

Greetings group. I have a Base BA3409 ctv which I am told is the same as a Teac HSM805AV. There is no sound from the speakers, but sound is present at the audio line out sockets. If I connect an av source to the AV input sockets, I get picture but no sound.

I think the tv has a motel mode. Can anyone please tell me how to turn this mode on/off?

Thanking you, Russell.

Reply to
Griff