Solid State Lighting - New Inventors, ABC, 11 July 2007

I haven't seen that SC yet, but looking at the specs for that Osram unit one thing stands out - the CRI (Colour Rendering Index) quoted is 80, which makes for pretty horrible light compared to the better fluorescents.

Reply to
Poxy

"Poxy"

** The Pox Head moron gets it totally wrong again.

As per bloody usual.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Be a nice(r) chap and go to bed Phil.

Reply to
Poxy

The mind boggles at how that one would work. :)

Reply to
kreed

"Poxy"

** Make your ( wrong) point or PISS OFF .

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 22:06:34 +1000, John Tserkezis put finger to keyboard and composed:

I've seen quite a few O/C failures, although mine were confined to one particular type of bargraph display. I never saw any shorted LEDs. Then again, none of these were high current types.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

"John the Fuckwit Jerk Off

** FUCK OFF

- CRIMINAL MORON

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

I must be unlucky then, I've seen dozens, and far more low intensity.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

It would have been more interesting if James Moody were on the panel that night, some more pertinent questions may have been asked.

- Rob.

I certainly agree. They seem to be short of people who have half a clue about electrical or electronic devices - remember that Protex device ? I don't recall whether it won the evening prize ?

Dave

Reply to
Dave Goldfinch

No it didn't win that night (thank goodness). The winner was the Axle Tow Feeder

Ross Herbert

I recall the "inventor" said he was involved in changing the wafer design !

Also did anyone notice the large difference in LED output, some looked like they had been cooked,

Peak of 415mA is not unusual at the peak of the AC waveform, depending on how many he had used,

But to call it an invention is just plain wrong, its an engineering adpatation at best, and not a very good one at that !

--
Regards
Mike