sla charging schematics ?

Well, that was then. Now, I have no idea. At my school, I heard they canned the Electronics subject the year after I left, because the only teacher teaching it had left, and no-one similarly trained filled their place.

I can only presume he was replaced by a highly trained individual teaching English, and how many times one can say the word "like" within a sentence and still make sense.

Oh, perhaps things *have* changed. In my second year of TAFE, we were learning about transistor theory. That is, what happens, and why it does what it does at the molecular level. I'm quite sure it was dumbed down a bit, but still.

This was perhaps a nearly 20 years ago, but I'm sure classic bipolar transistor theory hasn't changed *that* much. :-)

Reply to
John Tserkezis

Thank you. That was what I *meant* to say.

Clearly, diplomacy is not my strong point. :-)

Reply to
John Tserkezis

For that kind of pin count, I'd rather go for a switcher like an LM2576 or similar. You can have adjustable Vout max AND Imax, more current capability than the L200, AND lower heatsink requirements to boot.

It would cost more, but the transformer/power supply would weigh with a significant part of that anyway.

Would still cost more than a commercially built one of course, but you'd learn a great deal.

On second thoughts, if you're currently dealing with the basics, this might be a bit steep to design from scratch... :-)

Reply to
John Tserkezis

well, what are you on here for ????

anyways , if you want to know, i have 2 sla batteries, a 6 volt and a 12 volt.. and IF YOU READ my earlier post , i was looking sorta, for a specific schematic for charging them .

did i ask you to design one ? NO

did i ask you to build me one ? NO

did i ask you for the parts ? NO

SO TELL ME L, , WHAT HOME WORK WAS IT THAT YOU WHERE GOING TO DO FOR ME ?

did you help your kids with their homework ? if you didnt , well, what can i say.... ???

Reply to
mark krawczuk

First do a google search for slua115.pdf, which is an app-note for the Unitrode/TI SLA charger chip. Apart from giving you some of the best care and feeding info, it shows a schematic for a dead-simple SLA charger (Fig4, p 4/12). The kit which Altronics/Jaycar(?) produced several years back was a very close copy of that schematic.

Reply to
who where

atec7 7