REQ: Twin rotary encoder switch with pushbutton.

Folks,

I am working on a project and need a rotary enoder switch with two gang with a push button switch in the middle?

(Push button is a momentary action one, not toggle on/off.)

--
========
Thanks.....

Jarod
Reply to
Jarod (the puppy)

I think you will not find a dual rotary encoder easily.

Why not use a switch to switch the one rotary encoder output from one function to the other ? You should be able to do that easily in the software which already reads the encoder.

--
Regards,

Adrian Jansen           adrianjansen at internode dot on dot net
Design Engineer         J & K Micro Systems
Microcomputer solutions for industrial control
Note reply address is invalid, convert address above to machine form.
Reply to
Adrian Jansen

Or what about just putting parallel buffers on the encoder output, and sending the output from each buffer to where it has to go?

Chris.

Reply to
chris

Granted,

Where would I get even a single one?

But I would prefere a dual gang one.

--
========
Thanks.....

Jarod
Reply to
Jarod (the puppy)

Google!

I use the ones from

Email Spehro and ask, they are not directly obvious on the website.

--
Regards,

Adrian Jansen           adrianjansen at internode dot on dot net
Design Engineer         J & K Micro Systems
Microcomputer solutions for industrial control
Note reply address is invalid, convert address above to machine form.
Reply to
Adrian Jansen

And a hit from Google search "dual concentric encoder":

Looks expensive.

--
Regards,

Adrian Jansen           adrianjansen at internode dot on dot net
Design Engineer         J & K Micro Systems
Microcomputer solutions for industrial control
Note reply address is invalid, convert address above to machine form.
Reply to
Adrian Jansen

hi jarod ,

ALPS have dual rotary encoders

Tenrod , RS , switches plus etc all carry ALPS in australia.

good luck

m.

Jarod (the puppy) wrote:

Reply to