momentary pushbutton switch

I am looking for a push button switch that turns on when it is pressed down, stays on while it stays depressed and turns off when it is released.

I am running into "momentary pushbutton" switches such as this candidate:

Do switches like this meet my qualifications?

Reply to
humbled valiant

What you are looking for is a push-on/push-off switch NOT a momentary switch. A momentary switch will only be "ON" while depressed.

Dan

Reply to
dansabrservices

One of us is confused. I say the referenced switch is what he says he needs.

Reply to
mike

Yes. Those are called "arcade switches" and as long as you use the C and N.O. terminals it will stay closed as long as held down.

Yours truly, Mr. Klay Anderson, D.A.,Q.B.E.

Reply to
Klay Anderson

The one he referenced is single pole double throw, snap action. I would have interpreted that to act like a change of state relay.

Reply to
Tim R

Oh wait, I missed the word momentary in the product description. Never mind.

Reply to
Tim R

** Absolutely.

The linked example is "microswitch" with changeover contacts and a rather chunky actuator button.

Should be able to handle a fair amount of current and voltage too - long as it is switching AC.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

switch specifications usuallyy have the following notoations

ON-(ON)-none and shorting or make before break thus an (ON)-none-ON switch would have 2 positions. One momentary and the other ON.

The notation of poles and throws are also used, thus SPDT is a single pole double throw (two positions).

Shorting switches were used in audio where both adjacent connections are made simultaneously for a brief instant to avoid pops. This is usually used for rotary switches.

Watch switch ratings: The AC and DC ratings can be very different.

Reply to
Ron D.

What the OP wants is a simple pushbutton switch, like a doorbell switch.

Reply to
hrhofmann