RECOMMENDATIONS FOR LINE OF AUDIO QUALITY ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS.

I need a wide range of values and small quantities for DIY Hifi. Needed in both output path and power supply

Was using Blackgate range, but my supplier (in Hawaii) has gone bust.

Please don't recommend something you wouldn't use yourself and I am not interested in paying foolish prices.

Reply to
Mark

Use any reputable brand low ESR high temperature electrolytic suitable for heavy duty switchmode power supplies for example.

Reply to
Mark Harriss

**If you've been buying Blackgates, you are already paying foolish prices. Grab your Farnell catalogue and select according to specification. Farnell lists quite comprehensive specs for all it's quality electros. The good ones, whilst expensive, are vastly cheaper than Blackgates.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

I thought these prices were pretty reasonable actually,

for Blackgates, anyway, when compared to typical Australian prices (even after shipping.)

However, Rod stopped filling my orders some time ago and does not correspond anymore, so I can't recommend anyone actually send him money.

Reply to
Mark

**LOL!

**The prices are simply ridiculous.

**At those prices, neither would I.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

There is no such thing as 'audio quality' electrolytics.

What aspect of their performance are you interested in ?

I believe Sanyo ? or Nichicon or whoever discontinued making Blackgates anyway.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

They're a total rip-off. It's just a *capacitor* !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore