Re: Soldering irons: made in America but designed in Russia?

All this talk about soldering irons makes me think how crummy too

> much American industrial design is. > > Some US industrial design looks great but some looks downright, > well, Russian. > > Sure you can see crap-looking design in western Europe too but > there's a lot less of it than in the US. > > Take soldering irons for example. =A0An ordinary soldering iron in > the US with unregulated temperature still has great big mofo screws > holding the tip. > > By comparison, my 30 year old British-made basic Antex is a sleek > looking baby and those Antexes are not particularly expensive. > > Don't start me on the looks of cars! > > -- > Russian in America

lot-episode

Oh, but the Russians do have some interesting products

"its for people who like connecting electricity with own fingers"

"there are many curious people trying to get their fingers in plug, and this is an easy way to do it"

and at bottom under the power board "our perfectly designed network port will match group sessions"

Reply to
KR