Re: DIY Electronic Vehicle Rust Prevention

That article is slightly misrepresenting the actual notice from the Commissioner for Consumer Protection:

That document doesn't say anything about "proof" that the devices don't work, just that those companies making them hadn't a basis for claiming they did. In other words, presumably, those companies hadn't done satisfactory testing themselves. It's the same as in Canada where two manufacturers responded to the same thing with actual tests proving that their devices did work, and their authorities relented.

That's explained very clearly in this letter sent by the Canadian Competition Bureau:

So I intend to copy the design of those Canadian devices.

EXACTLY, that's why I'm interested in doing my own tests to prove it to my own satisfaction. Frankly I'm still skeptical of the Canadian tests, but short of finding other real experiments documented (and I only found those Canadian ones by clicking through two other Wikipedia pages about rust in general), they're the last word on the matter. That I can find.

Actual tests:

Computer Nerd Kev

Not even in the trade registration database and that *last resort* of data storage/archival of apprenticeships and trade qualifications, the PROV archives. That told me, in no uncertain terms, that Darren was an

*inveterate liar* but, hey, I already knew that! ;-)

I don't think buffoon quite covers Darren's malady.

Reply to
Xeno

Yeah, like the groundwork I had to put in to prove beyond any doubt that

*all* your claims to trade qualifications are just so much bullshit and self aggrandisement that you *invented* to cover your extreme inferiority complex. No records in your name in the PROV archives, no entries in your name in the trade registration database. You're screwed!
Reply to
Xeno