Re: Commercial opportunity for a collaborative project

"bryannego"

> > > I have an idea for the design and assembly of a relatively "simple" > > device involving video technology. > > ** =A0Watch out =A0!!!!!!!!!!!!!! > > =A0This has =A0ALL =A0the signs of a =A0VERY =A0bad outcome just waiting t=

o happen.

> ....... =A0 Phil

I am sorry to have to say this - but I it just makes me so sad that someone, without having the faintest idea of what I am wanting to DISCUSS would see fit to make such a damaging statement. For heavens sake, we would not even have electricity or cars if Eddison or Ford had allowed themselves to have their dreams stolen by the naysayers. The world was not built by naysayers and those content to have no vision. It was built by people with a vision and the courage to see their vision come alive - posssibly with some failures along the way (although it was the failures which helped produced final success).

I myself have not been successful through a lack of foresight and hard work. I did anticipate some degree of this type of thinking although not so early in the piece without at least an outline of the proposed project (which may not even work - but there again it might!!) This is why I specified a list of personal qualities that I was seeking from any interested person.

Please, anyone - if you feel you are such a person, I would like to hear from you. Conversation is free. Generally I would appreciate it if restraint could be exercised from airing sentiments of a viperous nature - life is simply too short for this sort of thing!!

Bryan

Reply to
bryannego

"bryann ego" "Phil Allison"

[...]

** Watch out - this guy is a certified loony.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

If you have been so successful then why not pay someone to do the job you need instead of trying to get it done for nix? Then you can keep all the profits for yourself!

What you are asking for is someone to do something for you for nix, in the vein hope that it might be successful and they might actually get some money back for their work some day. Nothing wrong with asking of course, but in this industry ideas are a dime-a-thousand, and a ridiculously small percentage of product ideas actually make it.

So unfortunately, not only have you asked this on a group where people are most able to help you out, they are also the most able to understand the (very small) likelihood of getting a return on their "investment".

Regards Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Then again, there are certainly some people who follow these sorts of newsgroups with no experience and a lot of idealism that could very easily get into something that's way over their depth, and end up getting burnt. Guys, by all means check it out if it looks interesting, but consult someone with experience that's external to the venture if it looks like getting at all serious, and don't sign *anything* unless you get proper advice.

Reply to
Bruce Varley

I'll try and give you a bit of helpful feedback.

Umm, these guys did their own work.

YOU "have an idea" = no real work on your part", but partner has to do real work and incurr real cost in research, design, protyping, etc.

Unfortunately, sounds like a lot of hoopla. HR/PR people think that sounds really great, but for practical people that could deliver what you want, it is like a enormous warning klaxon and a big LED sign sayig BULLSHIT.

Note you are again demanding stuff from other people without demonstrating how you have been successful in the past.

If people have been around for a few years, then they have had a gutful of people with simple ideas that will make a fortune. You are not the first and unfortunately, will not be the last.

Quite a few people have successfully posted on this newsgroup wanting assistance/partners. Have a look at how they did it.

Reply to
Terryc