Product Design FAIL!

First time I ever saw a man publicly call being flaccid "stronger".

Pretty funny, you are.

Reply to
MassiveProng

You forgot to hit him with the rubber chicken. :(

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Should you expect to be able to push the buttons with the tilting bail?, lets find out:

Dave.

http://www.eevblog.com
Reply to
David L. Jones

Oh well, guess one can't argue with that.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

So it is written. :-)

Loved the "Outtake time!" Dave.

Cheers Don...

-- Don McKenzie

Site Map:

E-Mail Contact Page:
Web Camera Page:
No More Damn Spam:

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:

Don McKenzie

Are those all the meters you are reviewing? I'd be interested in the results.

Martin Riddle

I have these things called "opposable thumbs." Maybe I should post a video blog and show people how they work.

Hey, I can do the Hitchhiker's Thumb thing. Who else can/can't?

John

5 of them, yes, in the $100 shootout. Some others I already have reviewed (Flukes 87, 28, Agilent, Gossen, + 5 x $50 ones), and some are just old meters I had lying around.

Dave.

http://www.eevblog.com
Reply to
David L. Jones

I hope you are not declaring those as candidates for a 'line-up'.

At least not as references for their model.

Reply to
Dorothy with the Red Shoes on

I have one hitchhiker's thumb (left). I hear that's unusual, i.e. less usual than both.

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

I've always thought that asymmetric people were more interesting.

John

Only one "hand" actually. It would be *VERY* difficult to operate when strapped to your wrist IF it took two HANDS! I did own one, and it was no great problem to operate IMO. Far easier to view in the dark than any other watch, but not so great in bright sunshine, and far too heavy on battery use. And the button tended to wear out quickly because you had to press it so often, and it wasn't high enough quality for that. All in all a short lived fad, but not so much for the reason you give.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

Short lived fad? You're nuts. LCDs did not come out until the 70s had passed. That makes LED watches and calculators more than a mere fad. Electronic displays, which is what we are really talking about here, are STILL going, so there is no fad about it. D'oh!

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

"Spehro Pefhany" Archimedes' Lever "Mr.T"

** The first LCD watch appeared within months of the first LED example and both types were initially quite expensive. But that soon changed and LCD types became very cheap indeed by 1980.

Seems LED watches are making a come back for those who want to own something different - like this affordable BINARY display example:

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

My first scientific calculator was a Commodore and it used about 650mA rate with the mantissa full, and about 350mA with it and the memories blank. Needless to say that it was only used when needed. Now, with modern times, folks do not even think about power issues, and solar power is common.

We had to use slide rules for a half year before we were allowed to use a calculator. The thing I hated most about calculators is having to learn operational twists between each maker's units.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Is that why they call him AlwaysWrong? Yep.

Reply to
JW

And now for something completely different....

Seeing that binary watch gave me an idea, maybe we older folk can finally get back at all those nasty kids for knowing much more than us about using the latest technology, but rarely having any idea about how it works. We'll have them learn to rely on binary clocks for telling the time. A bit harsh I suppose but at least there'd be much more of an understanding by the young, of the digital era we are now in and how it works. Lets face it, the binary system is now much infused in the area of electronics, software and data storage. The earlier taught, the better. So lets roll em' out starting in year one.(OK, maybe a bit later)

Mark Kelepouris

Reply to
Mark Kelepouris

Calcultors yes, watches NO. Most people simply stuck with the mechanical ones.

Nope, try reading it again, it was claimed a LED *WATCH* needed two hand to operate. Nothing to do with calculators!

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

You try reading it again. Electronic displays have EVERYTHING to do with calculators, watches, stereos, etc., etc., etc.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever