Powertip displaycontrast adjustment voltage: Help

Hi, I'm setting up a Powertip PC-4002B LCD display (40 char x 2 lines). The datasheet has everything required except what to do with the contrast adjustment voltage (VO). Can anyone assist? TIA

Reply to
Bruce Varley

Most of the LCD modules are pretty much the same. If you are running it on 5V a 10K pot across the supply will probably do the trick. Some of the modules will run on 3.3V or a bit less but to run like that you may need to be able to take VO negative. Usually the specs don't list VO directly, but as VDD-VO (from what I have seen, in the range about

3.5V to 5.0V depending on the temperature).

Andy Wood snipped-for-privacy@trap.ozemail.com.au

Reply to
Andy Wood