power cosumption for my pc ? UPS config needs...

Hi,

I have this motherboard installed with 2 GB RAM, a 250 GB Seagate Baracuda hard disk and LG DVD RW drive.

My power-supply says its 450W. My UPS has a rating of 650 VA (should be around 350 watts).

My display is also plugged into the UPS, which is a LG flatron 19" TFT.

My UPS is not able to support my system during a power fluctuation.

my question is, how do I measure as to how much is my system using from the mains ? That seems to be the only way I could decide on my power usage and then only I can choose the right UPS configuration for my system.

Please suggest...

regards raghav..

Reply to
raghav

Put an ammeter in series with the supply, multiply the reading by the supply voltage. This should be a good start.

Cheers John.

Reply to
John Ferrier

"raghav"

** You mean a power outage ( ie total loss) - or voltage fluctuation ??

If the latter, then your LG monitor should be left plugged into the AC supply as it operates anywhere from 100 to 240 volts AC. Probably the 450W PSU will cope with a wide AC input voltage range too.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison