Pioneer DV 355 help

Hi there.

I have a Pioneer DV 355 DVD player that shows the symptoms of a failing Optical pickup assembly. Would someone know the part number or required details for replacement Laser unit for this model.

I'm taking it that Pioneer use these drives through out most of there bottom of the line players.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Ren

Reply to
Ren

"Ren" <

** Here in Aussie - virtually nobody gets DVDs repaired since it is cheaper to buy a new one.

Prices start at $50 for a basic model from DSE.

Very nice ones sell for $100.

.......... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Hi phil..

Cheers for the reply.. Yes, i relise your point. I just thought that like previous Laser optics i have replaced, that the replacement for the pioneer may have been at a similar price. $35.00, which isnt too bad..

Ren

"Ren" >

** Big mistake to think that DVD laser assemblies are the same cost as CD ones.

The one Pioneer type shown in the WES cat is $ 119.

Reply to
Phil Allison