Pass Transistors

Basically I need some 2n3055 to3 cased (preferably)style Bipolar (hello philthy) trasistors with a higher voltage rail around 80 to 100 vdc Suggestions ?

--

**Depends on the application.
--

Do a parametric search.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

I don't have one of those in the junkbox O do have some 2n3773

--
Reply to
atec77

You don't keep it in your junkbox:

JW

Hear that woooosshhhhh ?

--
Reply to
atec77

Try MJ15003. Vce 140 V Ic max 20A Jaycar have them for around $8 TO 3 case. Essentiallly a big 2n3055.

Reply to
Mauried

Thanks , depends if the junkbox has any there is around 35 years collection of good crap in the container :)

--
Reply to
atec77

What's your application ?

Posted at www.usenet.com.au
Reply to
fred_kroft

Large 48v linear power supply , now running quite well although I had to buy a voltage reg :( junkbox let me down

--
Reply to
atec77

You used to be able to get 100V versions of 2n3055's. I used some in an amplifier back in the seventies.

You could try 2n3442's or whatever they evolved into/replaced them.

Reply to
fred

"fred"

** Motorola brand 2N3055s ( in Aluminium TO3 packs) were usually capable of *sustaining* 120 to 140 volts with the base and emitter shorted. But this was not much use in practice as the collector current had to be kept to no more than a few mA at such high voltages. The Safe Operating Area (SOA) specs allowed up to 1.5 amps at 60 volts Vce for 1 mS.

One of the best available NPN power transistors is the MJ15024 - it has a SOA spec of 2 amps at 80 volts Vce for 0.5 second - with an upper limit of

100mA at 250 volts.

By comparison, power MOSFETS walk all over these devices.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

I measured several claiming to be 100v capable 2n3055 , a large variance in the performance was of concern as I think some are cheap asian copies , I found sufficient junkbox transistors to do it and they fitted the heat-sinks I already had

--
Reply to
atec77