P005RD11 4-terminal device

Hi All,

I have a PVR just out of warranty. (Drat! :( )

Anyway a recent power surge didn't agree with it, and its 5V and 12V supplies are now 5V regulated and 17V unregulated. :(

The P005RD11 I think is a 4 terrminal voltage regulator. I guess I could do a bodgie repair with a 3 terminal regulator, but the right part would be nice.

I've googled and looked at on-line supply houses, but no luck to date.

Anyone ever heard of them?

Ross

Reply to
RMD

On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 06:17:38 GMT, ebff snipped-for-privacy@lnubb.pbz (RMD) put finger to keyboard and composed:

Could it be a Sharp PQ05RD11 ?

Low dropout voltage, 5V, 1A.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Hi Franc,

I looked more closely at the part number using a light and magnifier. (The parts are in a bad spot for reading the part number.)

Anyway, you are correct.

Both parts are PQ05RD11, which from the data sheet you gave, are 5V switchable regulators.

It could be the 17V I'm seeing really is meant to be unregulated. The

17V falls to 12V under the correct load.

I've jumpered external power to the PVR hard drive, and once I do that the unit detects the hard drive and works. On internal power it doesn't.

More investigation required. :)

Thanks a bunch. :)

Ross

Reply to
RMD

RDM I have about 50 each POORD11 voltage reg here in Rockwall Texas. Stop by and I will give you one. They are used in the Star Micronics Point of sales printers, Sp300. I pay about $1.00 for them when I buy one hundred. Clarence

Reply to
CLARENCE CLAY