WA query: What's happened to Radix?

Their websites still there but they don't revert on queries. They don't answer their phone and they've disappeared from the white pages. Are they still around?

Reply to
Bruce Varley

Hmmm, musta been transformed. Sorry couldnt help it :-) I hope they are still in business but its a jungle out there for such firms.

--
Cheers .......... Rheilly P
Reply to

don't

they

I drove past their old location in Osborne Park a few weeks back and noted they were no longer around. I am fairly certain that they no longer exist. From memory, the last time I had them build me a transformer about 5 or so years back, they gave me the impression that business was a bit slack. I was prepared to pay for the high quality workmanship, vacuum impregnation, hi-pot testing and a product which would last a lifetime - as was the case for Radix transformers, but apparently others weren't. These days as long as it is cheap and gets past the safety spec, it will do. ie. Chinese transformers like you buy from Altronics, Jaycar etc.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

I was going to suggest Henry Ceglinski at Laurina, but it seems they have vanished also.

That leaves Grants, but I'm not sure if they still do transformers.

Reply to
budgie

Did you mean Anton - member of the family,

Hes retired and last saw somewhere in Mt Hawthorn,

-- Regards Mike

  • VK/VL Commodore FuseRails that wont warp or melt with fuse failure indication and now with auto 10-15 min timer for engine illumination option.
  • VN, VP, VR Models with relay holder now available.
  • Uprated ignition module for VL in economy trials.
  • Twin Tyres to suit most sedans, trikes and motorcycle sidecars
Mike

He introduced himself to me as "Henry" the first time we did biz, so I presumed that was his name although he might have loosely westernised it for convenience (?).

Reply to
budgie

I last dealt with Grants 3+ years ago. Nice Xmas gift - Grants scotch. r.

Reply to
Robbo

bzzzzzzzzt. Wrong answer, not even close (or funny) - no prize.

Reply to
budgie

No pun intended - am I missing something? The company I was with bought quite a few very weighty isolation transformers from them around 2003 maybe even 2002. A bottle of Grants (obviously selected for its brand!) was dropped off at xmas. It was one of those rare occaisions when the Chrissy gifts get past the purchasing guy to engineering.

Reply to
Robbo

Ding! correct answer, after reference to the adjudicator. (but still no prize)

Sorry, thought your first and second "Grants" were both the scottish variety.

Reply to
budgie

Ahh yes - rereading the post it could easily be taken that way.

FWIW Grant Transformers are still listed as being in operation in Malaga, I found them good people to deal with. While we are on the subject of Perth Co's - any one know how Mike L from Worldwide is traveling (just in general terms)? I know he was scaling back to a home based mail order set up.

Reply to
Robbo

Haven't spoken to him since March, but seemed OK. Intially I thought the abandonment of the shopfront might have a health motivation but he assured me it was entirely biz-driven.

Reply to
budgie

That's very good to hear. /close

Reply to