OT - Australia snubbed at climate (sham) conference.

SO much for Australia winning global respect for imposing a carbon tax on its resentful citizens.

At the climate change confab in Durban last week, Australian delegates reportedly tried to make a statement about our world-leading tax and were rejected. They had to wait until day two.

The world has moved on and Australia sits like a shag on a rock, risking $100 billion on a gesture hardly anyone noticed.

As Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt (both above), Bono (below) and Al Gore (right) jet towards Durban to mingle with 15,000 climate delegates, the truth is that the world financial crisis has spoiled their party.

Newly prudent nations, including the world's biggest greenhouse gas emitters, have no intention of following the kamikaze lead of Australia, which produces just 1 per cent of global emissions.

Reply to
kreed

Spot on !

When I see China actively implementing such a tax that would be the time we might look at it !!

Eheilly

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

I doubt that will happen, and if it does it will be in such a way as to protect their industries, unlike here.

Reply to
kreed