Old Tandy power transistors

I have in my parts collection what look like a complementary pair of
power transistors, of Tandy origin, from years ago, part numbers RS2019
and RS2027.
I can find reference to the 2027 being an MJE34 but I can't identify the
RS2019. Same package and if they are complementary the hFE's measure
around 70. The packages appear to be TO127's. Does anyone have a
look-up list that will identify the 2019 (presumably Tandy part number
276-2019) and the 2027 (276-2027)?
I want to use them in place of a TIP29 and TIP30 in a power supply
circuit (ca. 1975 vintage) and I'd like to check that the two I have
will do the job.
TIA
DN
Reply to
David Nicholls
On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 17:57:38 +1100, David Nicholls put finger to keyboard and composed:

276-2027 = NTE153 RS2019 = NTE331 RS2027 = NTE332
-- Franc Zabkar
Reply to
Franc Zabkar
"David Nicholls"
** Gawd - the TO127 package is as old as the hills.
The first example I saw was an 8 amp SCR, the 2N4443 as used in the Playmaster 128 stereo power amplifier ( Jan 1970) PSU overcurrent trip cct.
Then the popular MJE3055 and MJE2955 output pair ( no T on the end ).
Looks like a BD139 on steroids.
They had gold plated legs too.
........ Phil
Reply to
Phil Allison
Thanks, Franc.
Reply to
David Nicholls
They've been in my parts box since 1985 at least, maybe earlier.
That's them. And the terminals are nicely impressed with B C E, too.
DN
Reply to
David Nicholls