Old Aussie transformers

Till he killed them, and ate them.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Gee, I never knew Philthy was ambidextrous. ..... 97, 98, 99..change hands,

1, 2, 3 .......
Reply to
Alan Rutlidge

He's tough, too. He uses steel wool, and never misses a stroke!

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

It's best to ignore people you don't like. Insults just add fuel to the fire, and whilst it might make you feel good it's just an irritant to the rest of us that want to discuss electronics.

Reply to
Elmo

:Thanks for the kind words sunshine!! : :Of course I thought that you of all people would know its the mains tranny :in a Goldentone bassman40. :I need the info so I can mebbe substitute something but the cct diagram :doesnt give the bias winding voltage, I'm surmising about 30 but would like :to make sure. : :Incidently the request was made that hopefully someone who had one of the :A&R catalogues might read it.

Your circuit diagram might not give the bias voltage but this one does

PT2454 - ORANGE wires 40Vac

Incidentally, lots of Goldentone info here

Ross

Reply to
Ross Herbert

Thanks Ross

Yeah, I've been looking around there. Cant quite the exact model but the cct's are good enough for what I want.

--
Cheers .......... Rheilly P
Reply to

It's yonks since I've been anywhere near a valve design, I'd forgotten just how basic a lot of it is. That amp is not much different to the stuff in my

1964 ARRL handbook under 'modulators'......
Reply to
Bruce Varley

And your contribution to this NG over the past year has been? 5 posts, two of which were cross posts from other NGs. Stick around a little longer and you'll soon see the reason for developing a sense of humour to offset the Philthy posts. If you feel left out, try top posting to a thread Phil has had a hand at. Bound to attract his attention, then just sit back and await your meteoric rise up his "shit list". LOL

Cheers, Alan

Reply to
Alan Rutlidge

"Alan Rutlidge" >> learn to giggle at Phil's inevitable ALL CAPS response with lots of

It's 'cos he types and plays with himself at the same time. It comes from many, many many years of practice.

BTW it is easy to detect when he is very excited because he cuts 'n' pastes a lot and the typos get worse ;-)

Cheers TT

Reply to
TT

AFAIK the 6dq6a's were designated for modulation duty :-) As you say the business end of any power amp is close to that of a modulator.

--
Cheers .......... Rheilly P
Reply to

At last, an interesting discussion about electronics, instead of the seemingly interminable about, reply to etc. "Phil Allison" threads, complete with foul-mouthed titling and imagery, and *quotes* of the rubbish from him which defeat the purpose of the killfiling most of us apply.

Reply to
Suzy

Elmo? Who pulled your string? ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Suzy"

** YOU are a TROLLING BLOODY IDIOT

And a PITA, moronic net cop.

PISSSS OFFFFF

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Most people don't killfile Philthy - his psychotic rants are too entertaining.

Reply to
ian field

On Jan 9, 10:06 pm, "Alan Rutlidge" >>>>> or

Money is starting to ride on the infamous "top 10" list, Phil needs to publish an aus.electronics version!

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

: : Money is starting to ride on the infamous "top 10" list, Phil needs to : publish an aus.electronics version! : : Dave.

It would have to be odds on at the moment ;-)

BTW the current number of people that Philthy hates stands at 6,602,224,174 but every second it is growing a little bigger.

Cheers TT

Reply to
TT

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@d4g2000prg.googlegroups.com...

That sounds about right:

At any one instant I guess it could actually go down a tad too!

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

That happens everytime its sorry hide gets nailed to the wall. :)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida