Newsreader needed

Does anyone know of a usenet newsreader that lets you sort by replies to just your own posts? so instead of wading thru lots of posts looking for replies to yours, you can easily find them. thanks,

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!
Reply to
Yosemite Sam

I use Agent8 and it's easy to sort on "Author" column to group various posters.

Reply to
Peter Jason

Peter Jason wrote

But that doesnt let you see who has replied to your own posts.

Some news readers do allow you to highlight your own posts using the filter system and then it isnt hard to see who has replied to those. Can't remember which ones do that tho.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I just click TBird to show threads, then track down the threads to see who's replied to what.

--
Xeno

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Xeno

Yosemite Sam wrote: =================

** When you are the OP - they all do just that.

** You need to read ( or scan) all replies in a thread, following the context is important.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Outlook Express.

Reply to
max headroom

Thunderbird.

BetterBird - which is an attempt to fix at least some of the bugs in TB, but there are so very, very many.

Both allow you to create a custom "View:" filter with "From:" contains "xyz".

Cheers, Gary B-)

Reply to
Gary R. Schmidt

You're using News.Individual.Net as your news server. NIN allows you to add a 'ID-MYUSERID' tag in the 'Message-ID:' header of your posts [1].

As far as I know, Thunderbird - your newsreader - allows you to score on that header.

In my newsreader (tin), I score on messages where my tag is in the last message-id of the 'References:' header, i.e. messages which are a response to one of my posts.

N.B. I do not know if Thunderbird allows you to generate your own message-ids, which is needed for the first step. If not, you'll need a different newsreader or a proxy between your newsreader and the NIN news server. (I use Hamster for that purpose.)

[1]
Reply to
Frank Slootweg

How topical. My fabulous, but ancient and decidely fragile, 40tude Dialog crashed (again) this morning. Been using it last century, which was also when it was last updated, so I won't recommend it, which is a shame as it'd satisfy your requirements and then some. As Dialog does, you could use a reader that 'scores' every poster you choose, eg, 'felix = 10', then all your posts stick out like dogs. Or you can simply colour your posts differently to the rest.

alvey Suspecting that the end of Dialog is near. Very near.

Reply to
Paddy

mutt can do it by using a positive killfile rule on references header against a distinctive message-id domain name.

--
  Jasen.
Reply to

It was. RIP Dialog.

Anyhoo, am trying Pan. A Dialog lookalike but missing a couple of Fortitude options.

alvey

Reply to
alvey

A thread in another group has been complaining aboui it having a hell of a capacity to crash and take out some of the messages.

Reply to
Rod Speed

They're right. Am now looking elswhere.

alvey

Reply to
alvey

Thunderbird has a "between" column which might achieve that for you ... but it also has a hierarchy view -- but I am not certain if any of those will meet your need as I typically don't use either feature.

prototypes which are prerequisite to the BEING of HOMO[iOS] SAPIEN[S|T]
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
dolf