New scope

I was right. It fixed itself.

--

Father Brown's figure remained quite dark and still;
but in that instant he had lost his head. His head was
always most valuable when he had lost it.
Reply to
jlarkin

I have had a BWD scope for quite some time but after I bought a pretty basic Siglent the BWD was relegated to the garage where it rarely sees any use for the reasons you mentioned.

Reply to
Clocky

**I've been mucking about with the Siglent I bought for my offsider. Pretty impressive piece of kit for the money. For an infrequent user, I'd suggest it ahead of a Rigol.
Reply to
Trevor Wilson

Trevor Wilson wrote: ================= Mad Texan JL trolled:

** Cheap DSOs do not have sharp traces at all. Grainy and dotty is what they look like with barely useable 8 bit res. Then there is very poor ( non constant) bandwidth at most X settings and of course the evils of aliasing. Frequency measurements are problematic at best, change the time base and you change the reading. Being menu driven means you spend lots of time fiddling about with the scope. You can never be sure what is on the screen is real. Signals that have stopped persist on the screen so nothing happens in real time.

Using a DSO is like playing a tedious, video game version of a real game.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Rubbish.

You just don't know how to use one.

Reply to
Clocky

** ROTFLMFAO !!!

** Dear Clocky - whoever the f*ck you really are.

Seriously, you have to be THE * patron saint* of congenitally, ASD f***ed half wits. Pet Chimps wearing soiled, disposable nappies fall about laughing at your pronouncements.

It's absolutely great that you bring such comic relief to this sad planet. While simultaneously and effortlessly making yourself look like a total ass.

Congrats.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison