Need samba back Win7 to Debian(-1)

Okay, I've only just found time to attempt to fix the problem of linux samaba server now being inaccessible to Win7.

Looking for useful clubie as none of the samba running linux machines are now appearing in the windows networking map. There are no other boxen other than almost latest version of debian on the LAN.

The only thing that does appear is a disconnected queues(no map link) for Canon TS9565 inkjet printer, which will print. Yes, the gateway boxen is linked. No VPNs involved.

I don't know whether this is just a Win7 update or both win7 & debian problem.

Longstory, everything has been working for yonks as a 'workgroup"; "myworkgroup".

I can ping the Win7 boxen, but nmap finds no open ports.

I believe Linux samba has moved beyond 'domains' to some active directory arrangement, which require an involved setup beyond setting yes to domain master.

Cluebies on the simplest arrangement, sambawise to get back facilities to;

a) back up the windows boxen, b) remote desktop access to win7. basically to run a game that I can not get running with wine or any variation.

TIA.

Reply to
News 2021