Monitor Help

Hi all i have a fujitsu TE770B 17" CRT Monitor

it was given to me as it seemed to be buggered now the problem with it is that when u go to power up the monitor it makes that click noise like its gonna turn on, then the power led turns on but then it goes click again and turns off.

any ideas what this might be and is it worth fixing?

Cheers,

Dave.

Reply to
Dave

"Dave" wrote

Hi all i have a fujitsu TE770B 17" CRT Monitor

any ideas what this might be and is it worth fixing?

***Yes and no!!!

Brian Goldsmith.

Reply to
Brian Goldsmith

could you enlighten me on what the problem is

Reply to
Dave

It's telling you a couple of things:

1: The power supply is OK (the power LED comes on).
  1. The power supply is overloading and shutting down.

A common cause of 2 is the line output transistor going short-circuit, usually C-to-E. The simplistic answer is to replace it, but there can be other problems that will take the transistor out again.

As to is it worth fixing, I was at a computer market today. There were

17" monitors going for $35.00. For that sort of money it hardly seems worth buggerising around with a crook monitor. I'd put it out on the nature strip with all the other dead monitors.

Good luck!

John Mackesy

Reply to
John Mackesy