Lighting circuit problem in WA

Just wondering if anyone can help here.

Just had a new house built and we are getting a problem with the lights flickering. The builder's electricians have changed the circuit breakers, changed the RCD protecting the lights and have swapped the circuit to a different phase (we are on 3 phase). No joy.

In a 10 minute period all ceiling lights might flicker for, say 10 seconds or so but it isn't predictable and doesn't appear to be associated to any particular pattern of power usage. The flicker isn't major, just enough to be noticeable and irritating. The light fittings are mixed inluding dichroic, 10w halogen and 60 incandescent.

Western power have been out to check the dome, pole, local transformer and board saying all were OK. They put a voltage recorder on for 36 hours and didn't detect any sags or spikes outside of the 240-250V range.

Understandably, the electricians don't want a bar of it but I'm obviously at a loss.

I'm guessing at a: Loose connection in one of the fittings or in the roof space b: There is a lag but Western Power can't fix it c: Something faulty on the board.

Can anyone help me pick a favourite?

One other question. The cabling in the roof space is contained in HPM boxes but seems to be simply taped together (might be soldered underneath but I don't want to mess with it). Is that normal practice? I believe the UK have to have physical connectors in their junction boxes.

Anyway, sorry for the rambling but I'd be really grateful for some help

Nick

Reply to
nick_hobbs