component id. ? used in auto trans ecu

hi , i have a auto transmission ecu , and i am trying to id some components , they are bolted to a heatsink and have :

a T on it , and 8c written in tiny letters , then under that it has 8055P

written on it , also has 5 leads coming out of them , and i am pretty sure that they control the shift solenoids for the auto transmission.

also in the ecu is a component labelled B946 .

any info or where to get the parts will be appreciated. thanks, mark

Reply to
mark krawczuk

BTW modern ECUs are quite robust and seldom give problems (unless they are Mitsubishis). Are you sure this is *the problem*.

Secondly, a lot of post 2000 ECUs can't be swapped from different vehicles as they are coded to the cars BCM (Body Control Module) so be careful.

BTW It would have been beneficial to actually mention the model and year of car you have as I do have several old ECUs kicking around.

Cheers TT

TT

hi, its from a 1988 holden jackaroo with the 4ze1 engine. thanks.

mark k

Reply to
mark krawczuk

Hold the bus! IIRC this has a hydraulic controlled transmission fitted to this year model. Are you 110% certain the ECU is for the trans? *IF* it is electronically controlled there will be two computers as these do not have an integral Eng/Trans ECU. *IF* it is the Trans ECU it will be made by Aisin, probably have 1 plug and only about a dozen wires.

I would strongly suggest (before you go any further) you give a little more information e.g what's the problem. Also crawl under the vehicle and count the wires coming out of the gearbox. Excluding the transfer case and the Neutral/Start switch that is located on the gear selector rod.

Regards TT

message

news:45dd914f$0$22095$ snipped-for-privacy@lon-reader.news.telstra.net...

:
,
,

appreciated.

unit

problems

*the

(Body

the

ECUs

Reply to
TT

hi, yes it definately is for the trans. the engine ecu is mounted under the centre console , and the trans ecu is mounted with 4 nuts right nextto teh steering colum. i replaced the trans ecu with a 2nd hand unit , now the trans works perfect !!!! i want to see if i can fix up the other one , and use it for a backup,.

thanks mark k

Reply to
mark krawczuk

Well Mark that's great that you fixed it. Ring your nearest Mitsubishi dealer (yes, Mitsubishi) and ask them who they get to repair all their computers. Then contact that person for sources of components you are chasing. I'm sorry that I don't delve ant deeper than this as I find it too cost/time prohibitive to chase and source PCB bits.

Cheers TT

the trans ecu is

trans works perfect

use it for a