Light Dependant Resistors LDRs

Hi all,

Electus distribution have the RD3480 light dependant resistor for around $1 in large quantities, but I would assume these should be around the 20 cent or less mark.

I am after about a thousand of them. Any leads for suppliers? I usually buy from futurlec but they don't stock these.

thanks!

Reply to
Phil

Altronics have the Z1619 for around $0.14 ea in bulk lot (50+) wholesale Not sure if it's the same spec though.

Even Farnell have them for $0.89ea in 1000 lot (316-8335)

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Thanks for the lead. David.

Spec is not too critical. Should be fine.

Reply to
Phil

Nope, just got a quote back from Altronics. They want $0.60 per unit. for

1400 units. Any more ideas? Surely I should find something for around 20c each. After all they are used in kids toys all the time.
Reply to
Phil in Melbourne

You are correct Phil. Dave has made an error - the price you are checking Dave is the "price per 10" for 50 pcs = $7.10+ gst - it is

*not* $7.10 for 50 pcs! I have been caught out by this before and thought I was getting an exceptionally good price - unfortunately there is still no such thing as a free lunch!

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Oops, you are right, sorry about that Phil! The wholesale price list is a tad confusing.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Try to get a quote directly from a manufacturer in China here:

MOQ=1000

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones