Intel rejects Vista, will stay with XP and wait for windows7

many of the decisions in those campanies is clueless .. wont bore with how I know but ti]s all to common

Ah when I was at the coal face

and the chose a pup

depends if public or private

Reply to
atec77

write

That's the point, NOT everyone just wants that. PC's are used for far more these days.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

In the business world there is no shortage of people willing to make such assurances, as long as THEY don't have to pay for their mistakes of course!

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

Exactly, so if you the Boss of IT are you willing to put you jewels on the Block and say everything will work out just peachy.

Reply to
son of a bitch

Which OS version has NEVER had that problem?

with *nix, so long as the hardware follows common standards, then there is no problem. OTOH, there is crap like nVidia.

A wise business has standardised hardware anyway, so it is simply a matter of testing that the standard hardware works, which they will do with every OS version update.

OTOH, there is management. Nuff said.

Reply to
terryc

Lol, as the old Franklins found out.

Reply to
terryc

anymore.

Well, there is Maccas and real food too.

Is this the same realworld where I retired at age 50 from implementing such solutions and you had to keep on workng beyond that age?

Stick to commenting on what you know Roddles.

Reply to
terryc

Okay, i forgotto mention "client" software for some server. Horses for courses. Not every business PC needs to run every piece of software within the business.

As a contractor, I just loved those contracts where there was no firm control on who ran what software. "Just how many hours are you prepared to pay me to spend investigating the bugs in a downloaded screen saver that is crashing all the office PCs?"

Reply to
terryc

Why is the blue blazes would any sane company have moved from WP or Os/2?

Both were exceedingly good, solid products.

Reply to
terryc

terryc wrote

Because the world moved on.

But both had passed their useby date.

Reply to
Rod Speed

terryc wrote

anymore.

The printers you are stupid enough to hold your nose about work fine.

Just another of your pathetic little pig ignorant fantasyland, child.

Know a hell of a lot more about it than you do thanks, f****it.

Reply to
Rod Speed

terryc wrote

Which f*ck all of them bother to do.

And pathetic excuses for OSs that cant handle the mass market hardware.

Nice theory, pity about the real world.

Nice theory, pity about the real world.

Any clown that cant work out how to operate with the current management deserves the bums rush it will most certainly get.

Reply to
Rod Speed

applicable to you in the extreme woddles eh wot ?

Reply to
atec77

OS/2 made by IBM, IBM is hopeless at writing code Biggest downfall, again software support for Devices.

WP, what else can you say. The world moved onto GUI's and WP was still in DOS Mode, their Windows incantation was a complete flop. It was sold more times than used car.

Reply to
son of a bitch

Oh Dear

oops

you certainly have a short memory , although maybe you were not in the industry many years ago as some of were...

Reply to
atec77

They moved from WP because their customers couldn't open the files. One engineer at a company I worked for refused to use the company standard word processing software, so they told him to switch, or he was fired. Everything he did had to be retyped, because the old DOS 286 computer he used was the only computer that had that program. Finally, the IT department took it and reformatted the hard drive to force him to use the current win 95 networked computer he already had in his office. When he complained, he was told there was no record of that computer in their inventory, and they needed parts to repair a computer on the production floor.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

There's some good scientific applications like CAD on linux these days and you have save thousands if not tens of thousands of bucks by using them.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Aaah yes, the MS word treadmill where you had to have the latest copy of MS Word because some stupid customer had upgraded. Still didn't get you out of the incompatibility between different MS Word versions.

I only ever fell for that line (or variations) once. From then on in, I always answered "okay, I'm off". You should have seen the back pedalling. Never withdrew either. also loved the "naah, can't be arsed doing that, I'm outta here in X days". Sigh, the benefit of putting all your "super" into paying off your home mortgage.

That is pure incompetece by the IT dept (export, import). Too many are power game places rather than company support places.

Reply to
terryc

Really? you do know who wrote all the initial MS offerings(after MSDos)? Good enough for MS for quite a few years.

No, its biggest downfall was that every driver had to be loaded in exactly the correct way and order, otherwise it didn't work and other things broke. Once someone worked it out and shared it, you were sweet. It was rock solid then.

As to networking, it did everything (ipx,tcpip,netbeu/netbios) at the same time when MSWin could manage one or two protocols at best.

IMO, the other problem was that they didn't support home users, so it didn't have the unpaid salesforce promoting it.

Err, what was a flop? WP productivity still outperforms MSWord

Reply to
terryc

terryc wrote

Wasnt IBM.

They did in fact produce OS/2 1.0

Mindlessly silly.

then.

Only in your pathetic little pig ignorant fantasyland.

Only in your pathetic little pig ignorant fantasyland.

Corse it did.