Yanks can't pronounce SOLDER correctly-IDIOTS!

Anyone else noticed on U-Tube electronic videos that virtually every Yank can't pronounce the simple word "SOLDER" correctly?

Yanks always say "SODDER"........which sounds completely ridiculous !!!!!!!

For all you Seppos who are still trying to defend your BAD EDUCATION with respect to pronouncing "SOLDER".. ....try saying BOLDER; COLDER, FOLDER and then explain why you have to completely f*ck it up when you say "SOLDER".

Reply to
yaputya

First time I heard Z-80 in a US TV show (~35 years ago), our trs-80 user group wondered what a C-80 was :-)

But sodder takes a lot of beating, as there is no logical explanation to it.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

All Olimex products now 30%+ off normal Olimex Prices.

Now 60% OFF. Only $18 for an Olinuxino Linux PC:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/olinuxino.html

The World's Cheapest Computer:
DuinoMite the PIC32 $20 Basic Computer-MicroController
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/the-maximite-computer.html
Add VGA Monitor/TV, and PS2 Keyboard, or use USB Terminal
Arduino Shield, Programmed in Basic, or C.
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Ahh to be fair we have a few eccentricities of accent too :-)

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

What about 'herb'? They drop the h... I cannot bloody stand to hear it. That's probably the most irritating seppo bastardised word for me.

Reply to
Jeßus

Innernet has to one of the commonly used words today.

--
Sell your surplus electronic components at http://ozcomponents.com
Search or browse for that IC, capacitor,

It is disappointing that they don't seems to also make the 'L' silent in "flux".

Reply to
Chris Jones

"yaputya"

** Ever used this product - used to be sold by Dick Smith Electronics.

** When in Rome, better learn to eat spaghetti and smile.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Sounds like "sodder" to me. The L is silent - maybe you need speech therapy? :^(

Reply to
JW

Yeah, plenty of them when you think about it.

Reply to
Jeßus

Your dictionary is defective

go away, troll.

--
umop apisdn

Jasen Betts

Americans just f***ed it up and it has stuck. Somewhere along the line, a yank mispronounced it and probably due to geographical isolation (communication wasn't aural) the BIG MISTAKE was propogated throughout the entire US education system.

Try this sequence, Einstein... folder NOT FODDER colder NOT CODDER bolder NOT BODDER holder NOT HODDER welder NOT WEDDER wilder NOT WIDDER boulder NOT BOUDDER fielder NOT FIEDDER smolder NOT SMODDER now explain why Yanks cannot pronounce SOLDER correctly?????

Reply to
Yaputya

Nucelar comes to mind. Drives me around the bend. Remember G.W.Bush?

Reply to
Tony

And they play Goff

Reply to
F Murtz

Sometimes

Reply to
F Murtz

Nookular surely

They also pronounce

Hyundai as Hunday (the Koreans pronounce it as hy-oon-day) Mirror as Merr Error as Err.

Reply to
keithr

Whitlam?

--
Don McKenzie

All Olimex products now 30%+ off normal Olimex Prices.

Now 60% OFF. Only $18 for an Olinuxino Linux PC:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/olinuxino.html

The World's Cheapest Computer:
DuinoMite the PIC32 $20 Basic Computer-MicroController
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/the-maximite-computer.html
Add VGA Monitor/TV, and PS2 Keyboard, or use USB Terminal
Arduino Shield, Programmed in Basic, or C.
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Fug?

Reply to
Kennedy

Bush comes from TEX-ARSE, the last place you would expect correct English to be taught!! ("taught" will also confuse many simple-minded Yanks!)

Reply to
Yaputya

not to overlook:

Mazda as Muzda Nissan as Nee-san

But credit where credit is due, they *can* say Toyota.

Reply to
pedro

I thought Yanks pronounced Toyota as "Toyoda".

Reply to
Kennedy