GPS antennae ...

Commlinx were the Aust agents for Laipac and offered a fairly decent magnetic active (5V) patch antenna with MCX/OCX or SMA connector at a reasonable price. However since that site was taken over by Laipac, the only options appear to be to pay double to some other sources or order direct from Laipac and pay a ridiculous ($US35) shipping/handling charge.

Anyone know of another source for these for

Reply to
budgie

Alan

be

Quite possibly. What connector is on the end? My GPR Rx has MCX. What I would have been sourcing from Commlinx was an ant with an SMA, and an adaptor lead SMA bulkhead to MCX as I want the Rx boxed up and with a bulkhead SMA for the ant system.

Reply to
budgie

Being Trimble, it'll probably be like the Garmin bits. Think of a number, double it, add ....

But thanks.

Reply to
budgie

be

would

SMA

Sorry, should have said. It's an SMA, I used one of their SMA/BNC adapters with it.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

i ordered an active antenna on ebay from the states total price around $42aus

Reply to
Ed /:-}

Reply to
Alex Gibson

Back in April I paid

The 45336-00 Unpackaged antenna A$34.00 + GST The 39265-50 Antenna A$45.00 + GST The 47274 Transition A$12.00 + GST

Alex

Reply to
Alex Gibson

why bother with rhe antenna

<Nick>

I could answer that two ways.

Because the Rx I have needs one.

Because the item you referenced doesn't do what my Rx does.

Reply to
budgie