Dual SIM Mobilr Phone

Hi All,

I am trying to find a mobile phone that can accept 2 x SIM cards that are both on the network at the same time. Im guessing this can't be done but can anyone confirm? I have seen the dual SIM holders that require the user to power off/on the phone but this is no good for me.

Regards

AJ

Reply to
AJ

Place one sim into the phone then divert it to the other sim. Then put the other sim in the phone. This, in effect, gives the same result. Other than that, I suppose you will have to go live in a country that has what you want.

Reply to
two bob

user

There was some character selling off dual card holders and he had a list of which phones took a dual holder

Reply to
George W. Frost

I remember that we told him to bugger off, someone had a cheaper supplier too.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

ACK that this doesn't answer the OP's question, but this is an interesting "new desing" nonetheless:

GB

--
 "Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the
  entrails of the last priest." (Diderot, paraphrasing Meslier)

Finally the keyword popped into my head. Keyword is "Benefon", a manufacturer that goes the extra mile with things like dual-sim phones, and phones with GPS built in (gps built in

6-8 years ago).

Something called the "Benefon Twin" does dual sim.

See:

Note, by reading between the lines get the impression that it's still only one sim at a time in actual operation. There's a bunch of technical issues that make having both sims working and subscribed at once substantially more complex. I'm not going to go into them here though, they should be pretty obvious.

Hope this helps,

GB

--
 "Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the
  entrails of the last priest." (Diderot, paraphrasing Meslier)
Reply to
GB

Not possible. But get two phones and a tube of superglue and your problems are solved ;-)

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

"David L. Jones" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

When I was a boy, doing technical support somewhere, we used to get those big lacky bands that the posties use, and tie our telephones together that way!

GB

--
 "Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the
  entrails of the last priest." (Diderot, paraphrasing Meslier)
Reply to
GB

Then get the other tech's phone and press the ear piece against an ink stamp pad and ring his phone so he had an inky ear.

Reply to
Mark Harriss