Downloading data sheets from Microchip

Hi, Trying to download datasheets from the Microchip website and getting nowhere. I click on the PDF icon, the browser says it's downloading, but nothing more happens for quite a while (up to hours). Is there something I need to know or is this just a case of waiting longer? TIA

Reply to
bruce varley

You should be right clicking on the PDF link to save the file locally, and then open with Acrobat reader once it's done. That way you get a nice download progress display and no browser window hogging. If you just click on the link then the PDF will open into the viewer in your browser and that is notoriously bad for large files. Best to keep a directory on your drive just for PDFs, and seperate into categories etc, keeps'em nice and handy.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Try right clicking the icon and chosing Save As... you'll at least see a progress bar showing what its up to .. that to me sounds like its stalled the way it is tho ..

Reply to
Lord-Data

Something wrong at your end, works here - just d/l one in less than 30 sec....

Reply to
Tom