Double Headed Fakes

"kreed" "Phil Allison"

** Why did " kreed " completely ignore this ?

Dearly love to know.

** Then try to be a smart by posting this nonsense.

The listing is FAR from comprehensive in any year.

See the word " notable " ??

Means any damn thing they like.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

But can you remember the crash of Vickers Viscount VH-TVC into Botany Bay in November 1961 with the loss of all on board? Story at

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

"Bob Parker"

** This arvo, when browsing that long list on Wiki of " notable incidents " I searched for an early 1960s Viscount crash - since I was sure there WAS one back then in Aussie.

Only I had the idea it went down in Bass straight ?

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

According to

(turn your popup blocker on) there have been three Viscount crashes in Aust: in Sydney, Port Hedland and Winton.

There've been a few plane crashes in Bass Strait, but no Viscounts got mentioned, according to

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

Speaking of air disasters and counterfeit parts, during one really bad =

thunderstorm at night I heard this plane come down less than 2Km from where I lived:

My Dad was almost booked on that flight but was able to an earlier flig= ht =

due to a cancelled booking and was home when it crashed on approach.

As far as counterfeit parts go it's common for helicopter parts "out of= =

hours" or past their use by date to be pressed back into service. Certain model= s =

of helicopters are known to shed rotor blades and over the years have had the official = =

service lifetime of the blades reduced more than once due to "accidents".

My favourite story was of the 1950's vintage Hiller helicopter that use= d =

laminated wood and metal rotor blades: the engineers fitted a new set and could no= t =

get them to dynamically balance at all. Further inspection found the blades were =

counterfeits that had been made of palm tree wood at a local Egyptian carpenter's. This occurr= ed =

in the 1980's sometime if I recall correctly.

Reply to
Mark Harriss