Digital Radio

Is Digital radio only for city folks? Is anyone aware of plans to further expand the digital radio signal to rural Australia? If so when?

Thanks

Norman

Reply to
normie

One way to find out. Aldi have a digital radio in last weeks catalogue. Everything there can be returned in 90 days for any reason for a full refund.

If you are unsure in your area and have an Aldi, you might want to try this as a "real world" test.

Reply to
kreed

Most stuff I've bought from Aldi gets returned for a refund, total crapola :(

Apart from their bananas.

Grant.

Reply to
Grant

Glad their Bananas work.

Last time I got something, it was remote controlled standard AC power controllers. Plug into a power point, and switched on-off by a little remote control. Thought I would sprinkle them around the place to save a bit of standby power on the PCs, TVs etc. Unlike their Bananas, they didn't work. :-(

Digital radio? What can I do with a digital radio, that my analogue one doesn't do? If it doesn't pick up 3AW, is is of no value to me.

Cheers Don...

=======================

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page:     http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.dontronics.com/spam

USB Isolator 1000VDC For Protecting Your PC OR Laptop
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/usb-iso-low-full-speed-usb-isolator.html

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.html
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Cred with the kids? Otherwise it is a lot of money for the radio (and aerial?) for the same old crud.

Reply to
terryc

Don't expect hifi.

Reply to
Noodnik

ote:

her

a :(

Agree on the bananas. (and food generally). Our cats will only eat the Aldi or IGA brand dry food too ;)

Also got an update letter from WES components, they also are selling a DAB radio for about $70 IRRC. Looks like a basic, cheap portable radio, certainly not professional audio gear (but so did the Aldi one.)

I admit, Im not in any rush to buy one. I only listen to the radio while driving, and don't intend to replace the car stereo, unless the other stations go off air completely.

Finally, how is the DAB signal broadcast ? does in come via the conventional FM system

- in a similar way to digital TV utilising the existing UHF antenna (and broadcasting?) system Or does it have its own separate special transmitter ?

Reply to
kreed

Battery eaters.........two weeks if you are lucky. Don't waste the $'s

Reply to
Metro