Compro DVB T300 Digital / Analog Terrestrial TV Card

Just got a Compro DVB T300 TV card

I've had this for a few months now but haven't quite got round to installing it and leaving it running in my PC case.....

OK so far analog TV seems to work reasonably well providing you give it a good antenna to work with. It seems to be rather picky about what you plug into it.

However I am having a hard time getting Digital TV to work properly. Despite no problems on my TV which is at the other end of the room hooked up to an STB via a VCR.....

When switching to Digital TV it never seems to work the same way twice.. I don't know whether its atmospheric conditions affecting signals or other related issues but I get all channels some days and on other days it won't get any channels, and this with no change to antenna or cable setup..........

To a lesser extent this has also happened on the normal TV but on some days, especially hot dry ones it seems to work better then cold overcast days.....

Reply to
John

Hi John, Is the signal strength displayed anywhere in software. If it is then you may get a better idea if the reception problem is signal strength or something else. APR

Reply to
APR

Usually around 53% on the PC and 60 to 75% on the TV and set top box....... But some days it works good and on others not so good and I'm sure weather and atmospheric conditions play a minor part.......

I am getting an external antenna, when I can be bothered to call the installers.....

Reply to
John

I got one of these a few days ago and I can only say that these are not exactly "high quality" DVB-T cards. Mine wouldn't even pick up any channels properly whereas an STB on the same antennae produced perfect pictures on all channels with 85+% signal strength. I took mine back and thankfully the guys at the computer shop did a refund without question.

Reply to
Fred At Home

They probably had other customers who also complained

Reply to
John

Some guy at the markets complained about them too - couldn't tune half of them. He bought half a dozen Fusions & said they were the best. I have one so can't complain.

Reply to
Whisper