GreenPAK cookbook

There was the CMOS cookbook, now there's the GreenPAK cookbook:

An interesting feature is mentioned at the start of chapter 5. To maintain a given mixed-signal array configuration after power-loss the devices are the equivalent of OTP and will boot into that state. But if the particular device has I2C you can create a table of differences between configurations.

Once powered-up the device can also be reconfigured over I2C. It would seem that if you have a uP with I2C also you can store that table in the uP memory and actually re-write the array hardware configuration on the fly

Reply to
bitrex

When I looked at the parts they really didn't have much capability. I think they are pretty cheap in quantity, so if they do what you want and you need to build a lot of units, these can be very useful parts. Just not on anything I've done lately.

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Ricketty C

Big-thing ASICs they are not, their strength is glue-logic and external dependency reduction, particularly with the analog comparators.

Reply to
bitrex

I am using two each of those in my product. An inverter/charger. It's the perfect part and small size for what I needed !

Just for glue logic but is much better than what I would need to use.

It also runs on up to 5V so perfect for interface to my 3.3V proessor.

Reply to
boB