Choosing voltage opamp

OK, I doublechecked the requirements, I don't have to get the exact

10Vp-p. Maybe I was getting such high output voltages (for OPA657) because of 1M load

Jamie wrote:

But that would kill my BW (the BW on that is only 4MHz, and I need

40MHz), right?

redbelly wrote:

I have broadband light source w/ rapid scanning optical delay line (RSOD) and phase modulator. Are you suggesting this would affect the required slew rate?

Thanks for all advices,

Vitaliy

Reply to
Vitaliy

redbelly wrote:

I have broadband light source w/ rapid scanning optical delay line (RSOD) and phase modulator. Are you suggesting this would affect the required slew rate?

Thanks for all advices,

Vitaliy

Reply to
Vitaliy

But that would kill my BW (the BW on that is only 4MHz, and I need

40MHz), right?
Reply to
Vitaliy

I have broadband light source w/ rapid scann>

OK, I doublechecked the requirements, I don't have to get the exact

10Vp-p. Maybe I was getting such high output voltages (for OPA657) because of 1M load

Thanks for all advices,

Vitaliy

Reply to
Vitaliy

I was thinking in terms of bandwidth, but yes, the slew rate is relevant also.

You'll almost certainly need a 50 ohm load at 40 MHz speed, so forget my earlier suggestion of using a higher load to reduce the current requirement.

Mark

Reply to
redbelly

I found this, it might be just what you need:

300 MHz and 100 mA output current.

Available at Digi-key for 6.36 $US each, or get 100 for $2.82 each. Search on MAX477 at

Mark

Reply to
redbelly

Vitaliy wrote: ...

You keep mentioning 10V p-p, but if you have a conventional transimpedance amplifier you will get a unipolar signal so you will only get a maximum of 5vp-p (0v to +5V) unless you offset the output or AC couple the output amplifier.

kevin

Reply to
Kevin White

Thanks, Mark. I've ordered the samples for now to see how it works in reality.

I will get a few samples of > I found this, it might be just what you need:

Reply to
Vitaliy

You're welcome. Good luck. -- Mark

Reply to
redbelly

Hi Kevin,

On OPA657 output voltage swing with normal operating conditions (+25C) is +-3.9V.

I think the following opamps have similar specs to MAX477 Mark suggested.

Vitaliy

Reply to
Vitaliy