Bloody Uniden phone w/ answering machine...

Just a mini-rant/warning:

I bought a Uniden phone, the type where (fixed) base handset with answering machine and cordless handset will still work without mains power. Been a great phone with excellent range, very good audio and the speakerphone picks up a sparrow fart - but I noticed one immensely annoying 'feature': until you listen to *all* messages *from beginning to end*, it won't let you delete the message.

I only noticed this the other day, as I answered a call on another phone down the shed... I picked up just as the answering machine kicked in, so it recorded the convo to it's maximum recordable duration (whatever length that is).

Anyone know if other brand phones have this same bullshit feature?

It's my goddamned phone, if I want to delete a message whether accidentally or intentionally, then thats what I want to do.

I must admit I havent read the manual (blasphemy to do so), so there's a slim chance it can be disabled - can't see how it can be done via the menu though.

Reply to
=?iso-8859-1?b?SmXfdXM=?=

**I've owned a bunch of different 'phones over the years. I finally spent the extra cash and purchased my first Panasonic a few years ago. Brilliant, easy to use and VERY good range (I take it with me to my neighbour's homes and can use it with ease). And yes: You can delete each message at any time. I have yet to read the manual. The damned thing so easy to use. You can set the machine up and listen to messages from any of the three handsets. BTW: It is not a DECT 'phone.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Isn't that a bit impolite?

Reply to
Horry

**Probly.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

No worse than a mobile phone.

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Horry wrote

Nope, no different to taking your mobile except on your costs.

Mine isnt quite that good, the neighbours are just out of range, which is a damned nuisance when I'm checking why their alarm has just gone off.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I still my old Uniden dect cordless/speakerphone/answering machine - which incidentally will allow you to delete messages when you want.

My first DECT system was Ericcson (sp), very well made, very rugged handsets but pricey at the time.

Reply to
=?iso-8859-1?b?SmXfdXM=?=